technical diversions

a place to document my current project of connecting an iPod to a Saab 9-3 convertible with the factory audio system.

Friday, December 09, 2005

an update!

Long time without an update. I still enjoy driving the saab, but the colder climate has restricted a little the days I ride with the top down. This a fun car to drive!

The iPod keeps getting new music, and it has enabled me to explore new artists and music genres. Before the iPod I added very few song and in general groups to my listening experience and this is changing fast.

I’m very happy that David from Texas decided to give my idea a try and I build for him the little circuit board. He was extremely patient, it took me several weeks to find enough time to complete it, but just after the Thanksgiving holiday I managed to ship him the parts. He got in touch with a technically savvy auto electronics expert and in a few hours had the system up and running. Here are a few pictures of his installation!





3 Comments:

  • At 12 January, 2006 11:54, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    I think this blog is wonderful. I was wondering if you have any experience with other stereos. I have been struggling for some time now to find where to connect my makeshift aux input to inside my stereo. It is not as clearly labeled as the SAAB's. Or, if you possibly knew of some other internet resources I could check out. Thanks for sharing your knowledge! :)

    Jeremy
    jeremystaples (at) gmail (dot) com

     
  • At 25 March, 2007 02:49, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A car amplifier will give you a loud and clear sound on a consistent basis. It will boost the power flowing from the

    receiver to the speakers. In doing so, it will reduce the stress put on all the other components of your car stereo

    system, including the receiver.

    Choosing the right car amplifier is important. Your decision should be based on five important features. Make sure you

    address them all !

    The first item on the agenda is the number of channels. This will depend on the number of speakers in your system.

    Two-channel amplifiers will feed well two speakers or a single subwoofer. You will want to consider a four-channel

    amplifier if you have any of the following combinations :

     
  • At 16 January, 2013 11:01, Anonymous Saab Factory Air Suspension said…

    Finally, a blog I will never stop reading. More updates please. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home